The Aboriginal Flag was designed by Harold Joseph Thomas designed in 1971, as a symbol of the Indigenous land rights movement. In 1995, the flag was made an official "Flag of Australia".
On 24th of January, 2022 it was announced the Aboriginal Flag would be free for people to use! Read more at www.clothingthegaps.com.au about how the history of the flag and the journey to free this iconic symbol flag from the restrictions of copyright.
- Hypoallergenic surgical steel earring hooks.
- Made in Australia from polymer etched acrylic with Aboriginal designs.
- Registered Australian Made and Aboriginal business.
- Approx. 10mm diameter and 2mm deep
- Please note - all watercolor earrings are unique and colors will vary slightly per pair.
- Ally friendly
About the The Koorie Circle
Laura Thompson is a Gunditjmara woman and artist living and working in Melbourne. The designer and maker behind The Koorie Circle, Laura creates contemporary Aboriginal designed and inspired earrings. Some of which are sourced from sustainable timber and hand painted and finished.
Her collection has developed from a desire to make pieces that tell a story, celebrating the culture, history and identity of Aboriginal Australia. Each piece bears the mark of its maker and is made to be worn with pride.