Friends of MGA Inc. are a community of passionate supporters of photography in Australia and are integral to the success of the MGA. Members are part of a social network that organises events and raises funds to support the continued growth of our great gallery.
Friends create many opportunities for members of the MGA community to come together. These include monthly Morning Coffees and Supper Talks with refreshments and an entertaining presentation by a guest speaker. Friends also organise regular events and after-hours functions as well as the summer community festival Twilight Art in the Park.
The four individual membership categories include:
Concession membership –students, seniors and concession card holders
Family membership* – principal family member can nominate up to four additional family affiliates called associate members who all must reside at the same address.
Institutional membership - a corporation, incorporated association, unincorporated association or educational institution having nominated a representative person for communication Associate and Institutional members are unable to vote at the AGM but can use all other benefits.
- Access to Friends of MGA newsletters
- Exclusive invitations to exhibition openings and curator talks
- Discounted tickets for all MGA events and public programs
- 10% Discount at the MGA Shop
- 10% Discount at the MGA Café
- Invitations to Friends of MGA events
- Free entry into the annual Friends Photography Competition & Exhibition and the opportunity to exhibit your work
- An exclusive invitation to the annual behind the scenes tour with MGA’s curatorial team
*If purchasing a Family membership, please include the names of all additional members in the notes section of your cart.
**Please note, in purchasing a Friends of MGA membership you are accepting to comply with the Rules of the Friends of MGA Inc. available here.