Arrange your small items and more in this classic folding box.
This artfully designed "3 Drawer Folding Jewellery Chest - Elephant" is made from sustainable mango wood, that has been skillfully carved into an eye-catching design with different stacking compartments or drawers for your valuable items. The top will open slightly to give you storage for the smaller things, while the bottom drawers are perfect for laying out your larger pieces of jewellery/jewelry. This little gem also features an elephant symbolizing good fortune in Indian culture.
- Handcarved by expert artisans keeping quality, value and style in mind
- Ethically sourced Mango wood
- Aesthetically pleasing design and Elephant pattern
- Multiple drawers with a folding or stacked design - Storage for all your things in one place
- Fair Trade - Makes you feel good knowing you're supporting the environment and people who need it most!
- Beautiful workmanship adds a touch of class to your home or office
- Made in India
- Approx. Height = 90 mm,
- Approx. Length = 132 mm,
- Approx. Width = 105 mm
- Due to the nature of hand-made products, kindly expect slight imperfections. This is not a defect and "3 Drawer Folding Jewellery Chest - Elephant" is non-refundable due to this reason.
- Care instructions: wipe with a clean soft dry cloth
About Indian Woodcraft & Artisans
Wood crafting is an ancient art that dates back to the Maharajas of India. While at first, woodcraft was limited to carving sculptures and windows of temples and palaces over generations, influenced by its region's culture, it has evolved into articles like furniture, decorative pieces, storage boxes table lamps toys—and puppets! The abundance of native Indian woods—such as Ebony, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Sheesham, and Sal —yields beautifully rich results for inlay work.The diversity of each region's style and carving technique reflects in the motifs, and patterns on each carved article. The geometrical and floral patterns are the most popular.
In many regions, woodcraft production is vital for community livelihoods. By participating with Fair Trade organisations, we contribute to alleviating poverty and promoting sustainability through ethical practices. These organisations aim to educate and empower disadvantaged sections of the Indian community by providing them with job opportunities, gender equality, fair wages, safe and healthy working environment while preserving the local culture & traditional skills.