These large Earth Shield Matriarch earrings symbols are representative of a woman with a digging stick, a tool traditionally used by women.
Line artwork in shields by Gunditjmara artist, Laura Thompson.
The shape of the earring represents a shield so when wearing these earrings your matriarchs can shield you from all the bad spirits and guide you through the good and bad times.
Wear these special earrings when you want to acknowledge and connect to the matriarchs in your life or just because they look stunning with your outfit.
- Hypoallergenic surgical steel earring hooks.
- Made in Australia from acrylic plastic.
- Registered Australian Made and Aboriginal business.
- Earrings measure 6 cm length, 3.5 cm width and 3 mm thick.
- Please note - all watercolor earrings are unique and colors will vary slightly per pair.
- Ally friendly
About the The Koorie Circle
Laura Thompson is a Gunditjmara woman and artist living and working in Melbourne. The designer and maker behind The Koorie Circle, Laura creates contemporary Aboriginal designed and inspired earrings. Some of which are sourced from sustainable timber and hand painted and finished.
Her collection has developed from a desire to make pieces that tell a story, celebrating the culture, history and identity of Aboriginal Australia. Each piece bears the mark of its maker and is made to be worn with pride.